Become EMDRIA Certified in EMDR
through individual consultation
What: individual consultation by telephone or Skype.
When: at the frequency and times you request.
Who: any clinician who has completed an EMDRIA approved basic training in EMDR.
Fee: $160 per hour.
How: complete the individual registration form.
Note: hours count toward EMDRIA Certification.
For Certification in EMDR:
- EMDRIA requires 20 hours of consultation.
- A maximum of 10 group consultation hours can be earned in a group setting.
- Any clinician can earn consultation hours for Certification over the telephone in group or individual sessions.
- case formulation and treatment planning issues
- how to enhance outcomes during the reprocessing phases of treatment
Focus: enhancing your professional development, knowledge and skills in clinical application of standard, evidence-based EMDR therapy procedures described in Francine Shapiro's 2001 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures, The Guilford Press and in my 2009 A Guide to the Standard EMDR Protocols for Clinicians, Supervisors, and Consultants, Springer Publishing Company. Screening procedures and issues of differential diagnosis for dissociative and personality disorders may also be addressed.
Not addressed in hours of consultation toward EMDRIA Certification are modified EMDR procedures required for applying EMDR therapy to those with dissociative or personality disorders. To explore these more advanced consultation topics consider the advanced consultation group, an advanced custom consultation group or advanced individual consultation.